Monday 29 November 2010

Poster Analysis




Both these films address the same issue as our short film, therefore, we thought that it would be good to analyse both and them and compare and contrast the appeal to their individual target audiences.
I think that the red used both, “Shahada” and “At a Close Range”, show the struggle for identity and entrapment, which is what we want to portray as well.  Ass well as this, it could show danger between the characters relationships, or even a danger in trying to keep their identity strong. I think this would be a good colour to incorporate in my poster, as it is striking and will get across quite a lot of key themes running through the film.
The Shahada title is both in English and Arabic, however, the Arabic is significantly smaller, this perhaps signifies, that his English culture and possibly heritage is dominant in his life, although he is trying to break the mould.  I think this is a very unique idea that would work very well with our concept. As well as this, the title is in white, bringing a stark difference to poster and other themes, such as innocent and youth.
In contrast to this, “At Close Range” is in red and the characters are almost swallowed up by the darkness. Maybe connoting a deep, dark secret, is taking over their lives and both characters are struggling to keep on top of things.
To conclude, there are many keys things that I want to take from both posters that will create my final piece. I like that the keys characters are shown in both posters and that the dominant colours alone tell a story. I will use these posters as inspiration my my final. 

No comments:

Post a Comment